Thursday, July 26, 2012

Peppermint Chocolate Treats

                    Do you love Peppermint Patties or Andes Candy? I have a treat for you!


                                  They were so yummy that I almost forgot to snap a picture!

Today, a friend shared a delicious recipe that is so creamy, chocolaty, and had a minty twist. It was so easy and quick to make. My daughter and I call them, "Peppermint Chocolate Treats."

By adding the coconut oil I am confessing this is a healthy recipe. {grin}  Actually, I need to buy a healthier chocolate and then I wouldn't feel so guilty.

We can't stay away from the freezer, they are so tempting!


Here is the recipe:

1 cup of coconut oil, softened but not melted

1/2 cup of cocoa powder

1/4 cup of honey

5-6 drops of Young Living Peppermint essential oil

Mix this all together and then we poured it onto a waxed paper cookie sheet. Place the tray level into the freezer and wait about 15 minutes. We then broke it up into pieces and enjoyed! You will need to keep them in the freezer, so they don't melt.

I would only recommend using Young Living Peppermint oil for this recipe because I know it is a oil that is pure, unadulterated and free of chemicals.

8 comments:

  1. I've made these before and they are divine! The hardest part is waiting the 15 minutes or so for them to harden. What's not to love with healthy chocolate?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! They just melt in your mouth! We can hardly stay away from them. I hope there may be some for tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. This looks sooooo good! I wonder if you could add raw cacao nibs to it. I've got to get some YL peppermint oil so I can try this recipe. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raw cacao nibs sounds good too! Someone else mentioned nuts or maybe even some shredded coconut! And, Yes, you need to get some Peppermint essential oil.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing--I'll have to try them.

    I add the YL Peppermint OIl to the melted dark chocolate and white chocolate when I make Peppermint Bark at Christmas time--makes it extra good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of Christmas time also when we made this. Now that we have a healthier recipe we will probably make them year round! I love the idea of white chocolate, yummy!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I use raw organic cocoa powder in mine and sweeten with Stevia instead of honey. I like adding dried cranberries. Haven't added peppermint before, but will probably do that the next time. I like layering mine with peanut butter (ala Reeses!) So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tammy,
    Thank you for reminding me about the raw organic cocoa powder. It would be much healthier for us. I must add the peanut butter next time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete