Friday, July 20, 2012

TMJ Pain Relief with Copaiba - An Essential Oil

TMJ is a painful situation and although I have not been diagnosed with it, I do find that I have some of the symptoms. While I am not a professional, these are my conclusions in researching my own situation.

TMJ (temporomandibular joint) is a discrepancy between teeth, the jaw joint and the muscles around the mouth which help us to open and close. It is painful and quite aggravating. The pain radiates across the cheekbone, into the center of my ear and down the jaw line.



What causes TMJ?
Trauma - car accident
Skeletal discrepancy
Misalignment of teeth
Grinding teeth during sleep

Symptoms:
Pain in the shoulders, neck and face
Clicking sound when opening and closing the mouth
Difficulty opening and closing mouth

Conventional Treatments:
Muscle relaxants
Anti-inflammatory medication
Orthotics



While this situation has been annoying,I have found a natural, pain management treatment that works wonderfully!

              Young Living's single oil called, Copaiba!  It is pronounced C(oh)-p(ah)-EEE-b(ah)

"Tapped directly from the copaiba tree in Brazil, this oil supports the body's natural response to irritation and injury. It also may be used to soothe minor physical discomforts."

This is a powerful anti-inflammatory oil which helps regulate the the body's immune system and contains the highest amounts of beta caryophyllene (55 percent) of any known essential oils available today!

Each evening, before bed, and again in the morning; I put one drop under my tongue!  Yes, just open the mouth and let a drop in. I found instant relief!  In fact, when I wake in the morning I can actually open and close my mouth without pain.

This has been my routine for almost a month and although I am not sure what has caused this situation, I am happy to have found a natural, therapeutic essential oil that has brought me balance and relief.

You can read more about Copaiba here
Young Living Copaiba Product Information

I would love to read your friendly comments!

6 comments:

  1. I found your blog through FB and am so glad I did! I am currently battling TMJ and getting frustrated. Will definitely be trying this! Thank you for sharing
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,
      You are welcome and thank you for stopping by! I am glad you were blessed by my post! Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing with your situation.
      Kim

      Delete
  2. My jaw is locked due to oral surgery I had last week. Doc says it s a muscle spasm. Do u think this oil would work to relax the muscle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been suffering with TMD for the past 3 years. I have been in closed lock for the past few months, unable to open my mouth more than 25 mm, and in constant pain, unable to chew anything harder than a boiled egg. I ordered a bottle of copaiba immediately after reading your article (I've been using YL EOs for a couple of years). I started last night, putting it under my tongue and applying it topically over my TM joints and along my jawline. I'm praying that I find some relief!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did the copaiba work for your TMD?? I have the same situation, locked jaw and intense jaw pain. I would love to know how it worked for you!!

      Delete
  4. I really appreciate the information you shared.. Thank you so much and keep writing...

    Betty
    Management of complex Oral Disorders in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete