Thursday, September 6, 2012

Kefir Smoothie with Young Living Orange Citrus Oil

Every morning I fix this wonderful healthy drink for myself and my family!



Milk Kefir is a cultured dairy food. It is strongly anti-inflammatory and may help combat digestive issues. It helps to limit the pathogens while encouraging the beneficial bacteria in the intestinal tract. This is especially good for those with constipation or any digestive issues.  Kefir has been known to bring balance from gastrointestinal discomfort and diarrhea which is a result of too much antibiotics.



In addition to making this an extra healthy beverage, I like to add 3-4 drops of Young Living's Orange essential oil.  Orange is rich in limonene (85-96%), which may help its ability to combat tumor growth. It helps with circulation, boosts immunity, increases relaxation and reduces depression.

Actually, any of our citrus oil would be delicious! I've been on an orange kick lately and I am thinking, maybe I don't want summer to go!

Here is how we put our Kefir Smoothies together!

4 or 5 organic strawberries
1/4 cup of organic blueberries
1/2 of a frozen banana
1 tablespoon of flax seeds
1 quart of kefir (keeping the grains separate)
2 tablespoons of honey
3-4 drops of Young Living Essential Orange Oil

We blend this all together in our Vitamix and pour into four, nine ounce glasses!

I like to be proactive with our health and believe that building your immune system is a wise thing to do. 

To learn more about fermenting Milk Kefir, please visit the Cheeseslave's blog.

I pray this encouraged you to seek better health! I would love to read your comments below!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. It sounds great! What a great idea to add orange essential oils to the smoothie. I love YL orange oil..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jo! We love YL citrus oils in our drinks!

    ReplyDelete