Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pesto with Young Living Lemon Oil

Eating a completely healthy diet doesn't come easy for most of us. It takes planning ahead and organization. Just getting all the right ingredients in the house can be a chore.

Friday was my son's birthday, so I indulged in not one, but two pieces of cake during the day! Such a bad decision! I rarely eat sugar confections and consume very little sugar.

When I woke Saturday morning I was nauseous and had a headache. What happened? I never get sick.....and then I remembered the store bought birthday cake! What a waste of 24 hrs. feeling totally drained and exhausted. I slept most of the day and in between applied my Young Living Essential Oils; Peppermint and Di-Gize. Slowly, I felt life and energy return.

Today, we went to church, stopped by the grocery store and I decided I better get some good recipes in the house! I love cilantro, garlic, parmesan cheese, and anything nutty!

So here is what I threw together today: Pesto Sauce!



 
 
                                       Cilantro is a powerful, inexpensive, and tasty addition to any salad or sandwich! 

 
 
Yummy! Pesto sauce, avocado & sliced tomatoes on Ezekiel sprouted bread!


 
Recipe:
 
1 and 1/2 cups of fresh cilantro

1 c. walnuts

4 cloves of garlic

1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil

1/2 c. parmesan cheese (optional)

2 Tbsp. lemon juice

4-5 drops of Young Living Lemon oil

First, grin up the nuts in the blender. Then add cilantro and remaining ingredients and blend until you get the consistancy that you desire.


What do you like to add Pesto too? I'd love to hear your comments!

To order the Young Living Lemon oil, or any other oils, please go HERE !

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment